Your Disaster Preparedness Plan
When it comes to Disaster Preparedness, the Hurricane Season (June 1st to November 30th) commands a lot of our attention. However, it is not only storms that interrupt life and business. On any given day, you could find yourself in need of a Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP).
Events that can affect your home or business: power outages, civic disturbances, tsunamis, earthquakes, tropical storms, flooding, fuel leaks, network intrusions, broken communication lines, fires, and equipment failures.
We hope you will find these 6 tips useful as you create your own Disaster Recovery Plan:
- Create a Plan that anticipates a variety of events that can disrupt your routines, life and business.
- Assign Roles to each person. Everyone should feel involved.
- Practice Drills so everyone will know what to do first and next.
- Take Action right away by activating the Disaster Recovery Plan when needed.
- Allow Self-Care so you can cope during times of increased stress.
- Lessons Learned once you review your response to make you stronger!
Download all 6 tips included in Disaster Recovery – 6 Keys to Navigating the Unexpected (PDF) and access even more resources below!