viNGN Disaster Preparedness Page
We are not monitoring any weather systems at this time.
For the most current information, please visit the National Hurricane Center www.nhc.noaa.gov
Click the button below to download the information on this page as a PDF document.
Land Line Calls:
Cellular Phone Calls::
– St. Croix:
– St. Thomas / St. John:
US Virgin Islands Radio Stations
- WDHP 1620 AM
- WGOD 98 FM
- WJKC 95.1 FM
- WLDV 107.9 FM
- WMNG 104.9 FM
- WMYP 98.3 (Latino)
- WRRA 1290 AM
- WSTA 1340 AM
- WSTX 970 AM
- WTJX 93.1 FM
- WVIQ 99.5 FM
- WVVI 93.5 FM
- WVWI 1000 AM
This list is not intended to be exhaustive. You may search the web to find more USVI Radio Stations or visit Wikipedia.
Follow @USVIPORTS on Facebook for port updates
2018 Hurricane Season Shelters
[Download this list in PDF form]
- St. Croix:
- St. Croix Educational Complex
- Claude O. Markoe Elementary School
- Department of Human Services Frederiksted Head Start
- Central High School
- DC Canegata Complex
- St. Thomas:
- Lockhart Elementary School
- Charlotte Amalie High School Auditorium
- Bertha C. Boschulte School
- Knud Hansen Complex (STRIVE)
- St. John
- Julius Sprauve School
USVI Television Stations
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Visit USVI cable provider Viya for a listing of all available television stations, or consult your satellite guide.
USVI News Outlets
When it comes to Disaster Preparedness, the Hurricane Season (June 1st to November 30th) commands a lot of our attention. However, it is not only storms that interrupt life and business. On any given day, you could find yourself in need of a Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP).
Events that can affect your home or business: power outages, civic disturbances, tsunamis, earthquakes, tropical storms, flooding, fuel leaks, network intrusions, broken communication lines, fires, and equipment failures.
We hope you will find these 6 tips useful as you create your own Disaster Recovery Plan:
- Create a Plan that anticipates a variety of events that can disrupt your routines, life and business.
- Assign Roles to each person. Everyone should feel involved.
- Practice Drills so everyone will know what to do first and next.
- Take Action right away by activating the Disaster Recovery Plan when needed.
- Allow Self-Care so you can cope during times of increased stress.
- Lessons Learned once you review your response to make you stronger!
Download all 6 tips included in Disaster Recovery – 6 Keys to Navigating the Unexpected (PDF) and access even more resources below!